Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Leave The Light On

Did you hear that? Over by the window. I think it's hungry...

Sorry, I've been a little on edge ever since watching Re-Animator the other night. It looked like a lot of fun when, before the opening credits, this doctor's eyes bugged out of his head, but by the time the dude re-animated his girlfriend's cat I kept looking behind me in case the Bogeyman was watching too. It's too bad because I used to like scary movies.

When I was fresh out of my embryonic sack (and I'll wager TaTa was no more than a guppy) I can remember being thrilled as sleep-away camp girls ran from slashers and burn victims chased dreamy schoolkids. Those days are done. Nowadays I can't watch Rachel Ray anymore because every time she opens that oven I just know something's gonna pull her right into it.

I don't think TaTa gets as freaked out as I do only because I don't get the impression he can hear the dialogue very well from underwater. Try it sometime. The next time you're in the pool, warn a friend who just dove under that there's a guy in a hockey mask about to remove your other friend's left kidney with an old spoon. All you'll get when he resurfaces it a complaint about the chlorine content.

No comments: