Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Kleenex Would Be Useless

Power, compassion, capital. These things are all important. These things make up the world in which we live, the world we thrive to protect. And each facet is as important as the others. Each is weakened when the others are broken like the mighty oak that has stood for one hundred years and is split in an instant by lightning (which, by the way, is 1.21 jiggawatts of electricity. That's enough to help you travel through time if you ever need it). 

Today these things mean nothing to me. 

My friends, I have stared into the abyss. Oh, yes. Do you want to know what it looks like? It's kinda dark and swirly with sparkles, but that's not important right now. What is important is that it also looks like a friend of yours who is only a few feet away with a head cold.  Poor little guy. All I can do is watch, helpless. The few feet between us had might as well be a million miles. But maybe that's a good thing. When he sneezes it just kinda floats in front of him like a mini-jellyfish. I hope he gets better before he gets worse, especially when considering how small he is. I assume "worse" would only mean burial at sea. TaTa, I salute you.

No comments: